OVCAC Programs and Support Groups
Posted January 15, 2014
Opportunity Village Children's Autism Center offers a variety of free programs and activities for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, families, and educators.
First Thursdays, 6 to 7:30 p.m. - Free
educational information (DVD, webinar, etc.) for parents, caregivers, and
educators. Each month a different subject is presented.
Third Thursdays, 6 to 7:30 p.m. - Family 2
Family Connect support groups are free and open to parents, caregivers,
educators, and children, as follows:
- Parents and Caregivers Support Group: A chance to share your
experiences, tips, and support with others who care for a child diagnosed with
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Sibling 2 Sibling Support Group: A support group for siblings impacted by ASD,
facilitated by a professional who has a sibling with ASD.
- Peer 2 Peer Play Group: For younger children with ASD, designed to work
on play and social skills.
- Inspire Me: Inspire Me is a 12-week curriculum of
social skills classes for middle school and high school students. Each session will cover a different topic.
- Little Inspire Me: An 8-week curriculum for younger children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) designed to help them learn, explore, and develop social and play skills. For children ages 2 to 8.
- Professional 2 Professional Support Group: For professionals who work with those
on the spectrum to gain support and knowledge and an opportunity to share and
learn from each other.
OVCAC also has sponsored fun, family gatherings
such as a Christmas party, to lighten the mood!
is bringing professionals for special free
presentations open to families, caregivers, educators, and medical staff,
aiming for one a month.
Registration is requested, and child care is available with prior
arrangement. E-mail Christina Maulsby or call 641-355-1216.
Find out more about upcoming presentations.
Children's Autism Center is working with outside groups to provide enrichment
opportunities. Watch for other sessions and activities as they become available.
E-mail Christina Maulsby or call 641-355-1216 for more information
about these activities and events of the Opportunity Village Children's Autism